Notifications
Clear all

Final Detail Letter for Association Day 9/26/2020 with Zoom trial link for 9/24/2020  

RSS

Sarah Hyatt
(@sarah)
Member Admin
15/09/2020 11:19 pm  
Dear Fellow Healers,

As we approach our Association Day, September 26th, we rejoice that God is gathering us together to teach us.  Each of us has a place in this activity; we're each needed and necessary.  Even though we'll be meeting by Zoom, the true "intercommunication is always from God to His idea man" (Science and Health 284:31). How grateful we all are to have the opportunity to meet virtually even when travel and meeting in person presents so many challenges.

On Thursday, September 24, please plan to join a short Zoom check-in anytime between 11 and 2 EDT.  A Zoom invitation for this trial run is added at the bottom of this email , and you'll only need to click the link (or dial one of the phone numbers and enter the passcode) and check in with our web master for a couple of minutes to make sure you can see and hear and be seen and heard.  Most of you already have been using Zoom for various business or church reasons, so this should be a smooth process.  The final Zoom invitation for Association Day will be emailed on Friday, September 25th.

Our Zoom waiting room for Association Day will be open beginning at 8:30, and our meeting will begin promptly at 9.  We will have only an hour break for lunch this year.  There will be 15 minute breaks midway through the morning and afternoon sessions.  We will end our day at approximately 5 PM.  As I mentioned in the announcement of the virtual meeting, there will be no evening session.

You should plan to have copies of the Bible, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Prose Works and The Manual of The Mother Church on hand if at all possible.  While you may use Concord if you have access to that program, switching screens between Concord and Zoom may prove to be distracting. 

Normally you pay your dues and make contributions in person.  Those of you who are prepared to do so may send checks made out to "The Christian Science Association of the Pupils of Sarah G. Hyatt, CSB."  They may be mailed to my home address: 759 Brown Drive, Charleston, SC 29412.  As usual, the first $100 will be credited toward your dues.  Additional contributions will either be applied to past unpaid dues or to our general fund.  This year we've developed a new website and are now paying monthly hosting fees for that site.  As a result, our expenses have increased significantly.  Details will be shared in our annual Treasurer's report and audit. 

FINAL ASSIGNMENT:  Please review the monthly emails that I sent as we worked with Paul's directive to Timothy in I Tim. 4:12: "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."  Each of these emails has been posted on our website, https://www.sarahhyattcsb.com .  (If you need help logging in, please contact me for help.  Our new web host charges $40/hour, so the fees can add up quickly.) Some of you posted comments, inspiration, and suggested articles under those topics, and they are helpful places for study as you prepare for our day together.

In addition, please give special attention to these readings:

• I Tim. 4:12-16
  • "Science and the Senses," from Chapter IV, "Addresses," from Miscellaneous Writings by Mary Baker Eddy, p. 98:6-106:14.
  • "Fidelity" from Chapter IX, "The Fruit of the Spirit," from Miscellaneous Writings p. 339-343.
As you read "Fidelity" and "Science and the Senses," please look for correlations with our verse from I Timothy. 

Our Association work is designed to strengthen our healing practice, and the world has need of healers.  Your pure motives in wanting to help alleviate the sufferings of mankind will impel your good works.  "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure (Phil 2:13). I'm looking forward to joining with all of you as we let God lead us in our next steps of progress.

Joyfully,
Sarah

Inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Pre-Association weekend meeting

Time: Sep 24, 2020 11:00 AM - 2 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 854 8799 8812

Passcode: 407586

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,85487998812#,,,,,,0#,,407586# US (Germantown)

+13126266799,,85487998812#,,,,,,0#,,407586# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 854 8799 8812

Passcode: 407586

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kccchZDIP

Share: