Notifications
Clear all

"Love Your Enemies"  

RSS

Sarah Hyatt
(@sarah)
Member Admin
07/02/2021 8:59 pm  

This is the place to share your inspiration and healings from your study and application of the ideas in "Love Your Enemies."

Cheryl Mansson
(@manssonc)
08/02/2021 12:18 pm  

The first thing that came to me after asking the question to myself, What is God? Was my hero!

ReplyQuote
Heidi Cuticchia
(@hesterh)
13/02/2021 10:57 am  

I found on page 13:8-9 of the article "Love Your Enemies" that loving our enemies is a law. I've read that article several times in the past, but I'd never seen that particular message before. I then began thinking about how loving our enemies is a law looking through the lens of Principle and working out from there. It became so clear to me that harmony is also a law, and since we cannot really break a law, then we cannot really help but love those that we humanly perceive as enemies. We might have the temporary sense of division, but the laws of God are never annihilated, broken, or even bent. Humans do not have the power to change the laws of God, even for a moment. Humans do not possess any power greater than God. So, how do we reconcile divisions? We have to want to first. In personal relationships, sometimes it is hard because of personal attachment. Just going back to the idea that God and man are indestructibly connected was a starting point for me with my husband's bosses and others that he deals with. They have sense attached and maligned me for my efforts, which have been hard to dismiss. I am encouraged to be reminded on pg 470-471 of Science and Health that "God and all that He creates are perfect and eternal, to have remained unchanged in its eternal history." My mortal "history" of feelings and events are inconsequential when going higher to "eternal history". I won't deny that it's been a hard road to climb with my husband's job and somehow he's stuck it out. I am reminded of Sarah's analogy of the rock grinder that our edges are smoothed when we stick something difficult out and I've seen my husband become gentler. I get little glimpses of light and clarity and am so grateful for our work this year. 

ReplyQuote
Bill Hookham
(@hookhamb)
16/02/2021 7:50 pm  

In the article "Love Your Enemies", line 38-32 has been very meaningful to me. To augment this thought an article in the February 2011 issue of the Christian Science Journal by Anthony Whitehouse has been very helpful in the effort to love our enemies. 

https://journal.christianscience.com/shared/view/9i2awoaq86?s=e

This post was modified 2 months ago by Sarah Hyatt

ReplyQuote
Mary Fee
(@feem)
19/02/2021 11:14 am  

@hookhamb Bill, thank you for the citation from the Journal. It's a great reminder of how simple it can be to live in Love.

ReplyQuote
Share: